Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Quirky

We've got a theme going on in our house: if you can line it up, do it.







I could read into it and think: my child is going to be a neat freak or my child is going to be super organized (which both sound better than my child is going to have OCD - which really isn't a joke, as I've been told that I have OCD tendencies).  But really, I think it's just a quirk.  It's just something Ava is into right now; some strange phase that has manifested itself into her little body, filling her with the need to line up certain toys and ignore the mess of others scattered on the floor. 

We all have our little quirks.  Jeremy has so many of them, it would take up an entire post. 

Even I will admit to a few quirks: I keep Kleenex boxes in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and on my desk (Never know when you'll need a tissue, and who wants to be far away from one when feeling a sneeze come on?)...I can't sleep without a fan on and bring it with me on overnight trips, on airplanes, to the hospital, basically wherever I may be spending the night...I let my nails grow long enough to be annoying and then pick them all off...and on and on. 

My quirks during pregnancy mainly have to do with food - and, for a pregnant woman, food is serious business.  I had been craving blueberry muffins for breakfast, so on Sunday, I made it happen.  Not that blueberry muffins are a quirky thing to have in the morning...it's just that usually, I don't go to the trouble and instead prefer a Starbucks run.























Ava definitely wasn't complaining about Mama baking!


























Morning hair...YIKES.  It's gotten horrible since she's been using a pillow like a big girl.  We had to invest in some detangler.

I like noticing Ava's quirks though.  Two year olds have loads of them, if you just pay attention.  And to them, it's all normal business and not weird at all. 

Wearing a bunny around your neck?  Normal.

Giving your baby food AND money?  Normal.























Putting small baby dolls in toddler-sized diapers?  You guessed it...normal.

What quirks do you have?  Which ones of your child(ren) do you notice the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment