Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cha-Cha-Changes

Change is inevitable.  Sometimes it comes our way without warning, without our consent - and we struggle against it as if attempting to swim upstream.  Other times, we embrace change with open arms, hoping it will bring renewed hope and energy to our lives.


Becoming pregnant with a brother or sister for Ava has been both exciting and stressful.  Two little ones in the house will be a big change for us, but I know we'll accept the newness of the situation and face any challenges head on...or, maybe not.  There will be days of tears, of frustration, of "I can't do this."  But eventually, we will learn to adapt as a family of four, just as we adapted to becoming a family of three.

If you've been with my blog since the beginning, you know that I started it at the same time I got my first "big girl" camera.  Photography is a great way to capture the changes in your life - and when you pull up an old photograph you took almost a year ago to play with some editing, you realize just how much not only YOU have grown, but also your little muse. 

Just ONE year ago! 


And now look at her.

Changes - we can't stop them.

It has been a stressful few weeks, to say the least.  I've posted almost all of my problems with Dr. B's office: nurses who don't know about cholestasis and who don't order the correct lab work, not getting to see Dr. B on a regular basis, fighting for someone to listen to me, not getting my questions answered, long wait times in exam rooms...   This is supposed to be a happy time in my life, not one filled with constant struggle against my OB's office.  So, I switched.  I decided the best thing to do was go back to Dr. C.  I know he's made a few comments here and there that I didn't like, but I think calling him out on them and moving on is the best route to take.  At this point, I'd much rather drive the 40 minutes to his office and deal with a staff who is friendly, punctual, and conscientious than continue to fight with Dr. B's staff - specifically the nurses - and continue to feel upset.  It's just not healthy for myself or this little life inside of me. 

Weight lifted.  I am glad I made this change!

However, amidst change is always sameness.  Some things stay the way they are, for just a little bit longer, and it helps life feel balanced.  Ava is still two years old.  She changes every day, yet these changes are subtle and build upon each other in a way that is almost unnoticeable. 

Consistency: her love for water.

Consistency: her desire to line things up.



Consistency: her ability to make me smile and laugh on a daily basis. 

























I guess she prayed for chips and a drink?


































































I am definitely looking to the future now and deciding what other changes need to be made, both in my career and in my family.  Even though some of these changes bring the unknown, I feel that eventually, we all have to take a chance and make a leap of faith.  And a year from now, when I come back to this post, I hope I am able to say that the changes I made were worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment