Sunday, July 31, 2011

What to write when there's "nothing" to say...

Usually when I sit down to write a blog, I have a topic or theme in mind.  I like to tie it all together with the pictures I've taken recently so that it flows well and is coherent. 

I can't promise any of that with this post.

I've been itching to write for over a week now, but no specific thoughts have come to mind.  Life right now is good, but mundane.  My days are filled with a whole lot of nothing...TV shows, computer time, eating, napping; basically, the ultimate paradise for couch potatoes.  While I'm not exactly feeling the extreme fatigue of pregnancy, I am definitely unmotivated to be productive and can't seem to do the simplest tasks.  I've put off Ava's laundry for days now, opting instead for outfits she's never worn, mismatched shorts and shirts, and dresses that are better off for special occasions - not a day of playing and eating spaghetti.  My own laundry is also piling up, and yet I continue to ignore it.  Some days I don't even bother to shower, but if I do manage it, it's straight back into comfy capris and t-shirts, no make-up and hair pulled back into a ponytail.  Like I said, the ultimate in laziness.     




This lethargy cannot continue much longer considering school starts in *gasp* two weeks.  Ugh!  I have been living in a state of denial that I have to go back to work.  I haven't been in my classroom since May, haven't looked up my students online and instead have been avoiding thoughts of school during the day and inevitably, dreaming about teaching all night.  Why does the summer pass so quickly?


We've had a good one this year.  Ava's expanding vocabulary and desire for independence has allowed for more fun activities, more play dates and a whole lot of time for me to simply sit back and appreciate this little two year old, who has her own personality, needs, wants and ideas.  We recently took a trip up north to visit our friends Derek and Amy, who have twin boys that just turned two.  Last summer, Ava and Donovan were quite friendly with each other:

This year, Ava and Camden spent the most time together.  They even had a short date in the Cozy Coupe.



Tantrums and two-year-old attitude aside, Ava is a sweet, loving little girl who never fails to make me laugh.  She's a tad obsessed with boo-boos right now, probably due to the fact that she helped take care of my mom, her meemaw, after knee surgery.  I said Meemaw had a BIG boo boo on her knee, and of course Ava chimed in that she had boo boos on both knees.  "It hurts me." 

She's also really into Diego, which I posted about before.  In fact, in the song Dynamite by Taio Cruz, when he sings, "I throw my hands up in the air sometimes / saying aaaaa-yo / time to let go," Ava thinks the "aaaa-yo" part is "Dieeeeego."  She calls it the "Aygo" song and asks for it when we're in the car.



I remember watching "Jon and Kate Plus 8" back in the day, pre-divorce and scandals, and Kate mentioned that the kids remind themselves and each other where everyone is when they're not all together, i.e. "So and so is here; so and so is here."  Ava does this now - must be the age.  "Dada at work."  "I go Meemaw house."  "Mama go Meemaw house too!"  I love her incorrect, but age-appropriate grammar.  She saw a picture of a pie on the cover of a magazine and wanted me to find that picture inside the pages, asking, "Where pie is?" 

I love that she calls ice cream "high keem." 

I love how she insists on reading at least three books in her crib before getting dressed in the morning.

I love when she responds correctly to the questions Dora and Diego ask on their shows.



I love show time in the bathroom, when she sings and goes through an entire slew of choreography in front of the mirror...buck naked. 



And I especially love to see that sweet face turn to me unexpectedly and utter the most wonderful phrase in the world: "I wuv ooo."


And there you have it.  A disjointed, rambling post simply because I had the itch to write, but no desire to form a cohesive post. 

3 comments:

  1. so sweet!!! she is such a beautiful little girl!! hang in there and veg and relax your last two weeks! don't think about school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! Embrace the lazy days and this beautiful sweet little girl! Sometimes I have lazy days like this now and I am not pregnant, do you think that's okay?

    Found your blog through your 365 project and even with this one post I can tell I need to subscribe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! The pictures are so beautifully done and you have a beautiful little model. What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete