Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Eyes Have It

As I was sitting in the dark exam room at Best in Sight Eye Care, all I could think about was this skit from Brian Regan. 



Part of me was trying not to crack a smile, with all of those jokes in my head...and the other part of me was thinking how TRUE it is!  The tests they give you are something you don't want to mess up, and there are so many of them.  Click this button when you see the blinking light, what numbers do you see here, what's the smallest line you can read...which one do you like better, #1 or #2?  ACK!  Thankfully, I passed.  My prescription is the same, my eyes are healthy and I can live many more days taking in the beauty of this world!


































































Ava's eyes are healthy too, thank goodness.  When your baby is born, you hope and pray that everything will be okay - that the tiny body is pink and plump, the lungs are taking in air, and you wait with bated breath to hear those first cries.  Every mom feels this way...but think how much we really take it for granted.  Not today.  Today I count my blessings that Ava has gorgeous blue eyes she can use to take in the world around her.













































I see you!























With her baby blues, Ava loves to read books.  She carries them all over the house, little cardboard books filled with simple language and bright colors.  Watching her sit down, open a book and babble away because in her mind, she IS reading it...well, as an English teacher, what could make me happier?



































































I also love to watch Ava play with her daddy.  She loves her dada so much...runs to greet him when he comes home from work and reaches her arms out for a big hug, sits on his shoulders as he walks around the house to distract her before dinner, feeds him Teddy Grahams and gives him sloppy kisses on the cheek.  Yep, this daddy and daughter have quite a special relationship!











































































And tonight, she wanted to join her dada so badly out on the deck as he grilled margarita chicken in the rain.


























































































Today, I toast not only to my eyesight, but to my daughter's as well.  Without it, well, we wouldn't be able to see the bright side quite as much.






































































3 comments:

  1. Great post and love the pictures from the day(s). She's a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man...way to make the blind feel like shit!! I'm sooo kidding!!!! The #1 or #2 test makes me very uncomfortable as well. I agree that either they both look good or bad. Such a slight difference when I get them.

    ReplyDelete