Saturday, July 3, 2010

214 Pictures

I had wanted a new camera for months.  Not just another run-of-the-mill digital camera either.  I wanted the real deal, something that I could attach special lenses to, a camera that would give me the freedom to change the ISO and the f-stops...one that would get me a little bit closer to taking pictures professionally.  Yep, that's right.  Professionally.  My life-long vision does not include teaching until retirement.  GASP!

Once Jeremy gave me the go-ahead to purchase a new camera, I didn't waste any time researching online.  After reading several articles and reviews, I decided to go with the Canon EOS 450D, aka the Rebel XSi.  I didn't mind getting my hands on a used one either, it being the cheapest option, so I bid for the EOS 450D on eBay.  Two days after winning, it was delivered to our door.  Talk about speedy shipping!  I was super excited and couldn't wait to start learning the ins and outs of my new toy. 

The one feature I had most been looking forward to in a DSLR camera was the ability to focus on an object in the foreground while blurring out the background.  Once I figured out how to make that happen on my new camera, I was ecstatic!

Here are the first few pictures I took:















































Of course, Ava is my muse and she was my main subject all day yesterday and today.  





















































































































214 pictures later...a duck book sitting on a Meijer ad, a jumbo bottle of bubbles, Ava playing with her toy kitchen and pretending to eat a fake piece of a peach, beer bottles, the numbers on our mailbox - nothing was off limits.  I am now a girl with a camera, and I love it.

5 comments:

  1. These are great Alicia! I particularly like the one of Ava between the blinds and the window.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great Alicia! Now I'm anxious for a new camera :) Can't wait to see more of your work

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I'm excited to keep up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so happy with your new toy =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you keep up with the photography!!! I want to hire you if we ever have kids!! :) Ava is so pretty in all your pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete