Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dreary Days

I've noticed lately that the weather is getting dreary...gray skies, a cold wind that nips at your nose, and total darkness by dinnertime.  Normally this would seem depressing, but I'm sort of enjoying it.  It means mugs of hot sweet tea each morning, pots of soup bubbling away on the stove, brightly colored hats and scarves, and...the promise of the holidays in the near future.  And who knows, maybe even some snow flurries.  I wouldn't mind that!

Around here, cloudy days end with laughter, playtime...and fuzzy pink slippers.


I can't get enough of Ava in those slippers.  She loves to take her socks off around the house, but the tile floors in our entryway and kitchen are downright freezing for bare little feet.  Thankfully I have a girl who loves her shoes, slippers included.  I wish I had some similar ones for myself!

A dreary day ends well with a hot bubble bath.  I think someone can't wait to hop in.


Bath time is a sudsy ordeal, especially when Dada is the one giving it.  Bubbles abound in the steaming water and Ava wallows in it until the warmth is gone and the water becomes tepid.  She loves her baths.



































































Tonight's cure-the-dreary-day-blues was a 10 minute teeth brushing session...that Ava asked for.  You want to brush your teeth?  Of course I'll let you do that, kid!  And all by herself, she wet the brush, made the appropriate "aaaahhh" noises, and scrubbed her tiny teeth.

























































































Of course a tooth-brushing session can't end without making faces in the mirror.  This is a daily ritual for Ava.  She loves to watch herself make all kinds of expressions.  She'll throw her head back and laugh, yell at the top of her lungs, scold herself or just jabber away at her reflection.













































As for me, I ended this dreary day by taking pictures...what else would you expect?  I am in love with my new 24-70mm lens and since I don't have a photo shoot until the weekend, I had to take full advantage of it now!























I know it doesn't look like much from the front, but you should see this bad boy.  It's large and in charge...and quite heavy.  Did I mention I love it? 

Cloudy, dreary days are among us.  The weather outside is frightful, indeed.  But inside, we have fires to warm up to, blankets to cuddle under, festive holiday decorations, and cups of hot cocoa topped with marshmallows.  Bring it on, winter.  I'm ready!

3 comments:

  1. Hey...Jason and I wouldn't mind being invited over when you heat up that fireplace...just sayin'. (Please don't associate us with pool friends...not the same as fireplace friends!!!) I love the picture with Ava with the toothbrush in her mouth...she is looking like a little girl instead of a baby!!!...the one after she is initially rinsing the toothbrush that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia- your hair looks so cute, did you get it cut? Ava is beautiful as always! I enjoy your blog so much. Thanks for sharing
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous in that pic! And Ava is adorable as always :)

    ReplyDelete