Monday, August 30, 2010

Someday, I Will Be a Butterfly

Right now, I am a caterpillar.  I am inching my way along in the world of photography, soaking up as much knowledge as I can.  I feel so new to this creative outlet and it's a craft that requires constant tweaking and growing.  Just as a caterpillar builds his cocoon, layer by layer, I am building up my skills...one step at a time.


































Every chance I get, I lift up my camera, adjust the lens, and click click click.  I go through hundreds of blurry, unfocused, useless pictures, deleting and organizing until I have 589 pictures whittled down to a manageable number.  I'm currently working with a free trial of Lightroom, which presents a whole new learning curve when it comes to editing.  But those skills are building too...one step at a time.

I break out my camera when I'm alone, shooting pictures of flowers, food and glasses of wine.  I grab it at home when Ava is doing something silly, looking especially cute, or simply just being a normal 18 month old on an average day.  I put it in my bag and tote it along on outings, snapping pictures of Ava and her little friends.
















































It's not an interest that will fade.  It's not "just a hobby."  I will not grow tired of taking pictures, of figuring out neat ways to edit, of buying more lenses and equipment.  Just as the caterpillar makes his cocoon and bides his time until he turns into something beautiful, I will do the same.  I will learn and grow, step by step, until one day...I become a butterfly, ready to fly off into the world of professional photography.  What a wonderful thing to look forward to! 

1 comment:

  1. I love butterflies!!! You are already a butterfly in my eyes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete