Saturday, August 27, 2011

Music of my Childhood

On the way home from dinner tonight, this song came on in the car...and I JAMMED.


I was a child of the 80's, not a teenager, but I've always loved music and the radio station in my parents' red minivan never changed off of a local soft rock station - and those songs I used to hear on an almost-daily basis are now locked in my memory.  I have a preset in my car for a Sirius XM 80's station and while I sometimes don't recognize the songs, every once in a while a true gem will come on and I proudly sing along...well, unless someone else is in the car with me...
Other favorite songs from the 80's:



Um...who doesn't like this song? 

 
As a really young girl, this was my favorite song.  I have no idea why...I was probably 5 at the time.




And finally, the one my brother and I called the "Christmas light song" because somehow it seemed to always be on the radio when our dad drove us around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights.

In no way is this a list of all the songs I loved from the 80's.  I really tried to pick the slightly more obscure ones, minus Hungry Eyes.  I hope this sparked up some nostalgia for others the way it did for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment