Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ode to Christmas Break

Christmas break is upon us, and with it comes much fun
We'll bundle up beside the fire instead of lying out in the sun
The snow falling gently outside reminds us all
To celebrate the season, the big things and the small



The first day of break was spent shopping for some toys
Shelves were stocked high with goodies for little girls and boys
We scanned the aisles quickly and proceeded to fill the cart
Taking Ava with us might not have been so smart...

The second day of break dawned cloudy and gray
But nothing could take my good mood away
Ava and I spent a lot of time running up and down our halls
Playing with crayons, books, blocks and dolls














































It was a Sunday, of course; note the Colt's jersey
Ava was supporting the team, as you can see
She even helped her little baby doll get into the spirit
By picking out a blue diaper, and trying to put her in it


























The rest of the day passed by in ways you make think are mundane
But playing with my daughter is sometimes what keeps me sane
She is always so busy, and her imagination runs wild
Times like this make me realize I am lucky that she is my child





























































































Day three and four of Christmas break have passed by so quick
Spending time with family and friends has been my number one pick
I've neglected the house; the decorations are nowhere near done
There are boxes everywhere, but I'd rather be out having fun

My camera has been by my side, as you can clearly guess
But I will not show you the state of my house; you don't want to see the mess!
Instead I have focused on the little details this year
Taking these pictures has given me great cheer


There are still lots of days left of my Christmas break
Time to wrap presents and hang stockings and bake
I love this time of year, and wish it lasted a long time
But I'll take what I can...and look on the bright side!

No comments:

Post a Comment